Throughout BCT Structures and Clean Harbors, our top priority is to continually improve safety.
We believe that zero incidents is a goal we can achieve, and no one should get hurt while working at or with BCT Structures. We also recognize that it is our 100% personal commitment to safety that will have the most impact on our own safety and that of our employees, our customers, our families, the community and the environment. Through our words and actions, we demonstrate that we reinforce acceptable safety practices and stop unsafe acts before they become a statistic.
3 Safety Philosophies
The three in 3-6-5 is for our three fundamental safety philosophies.
1. Nothing is worth getting injured over.
2. All near misses and accidents are preventable.
3. Safety must be actively managed.
6 Golden Rules of Safety
The six in 3-6-5 stands for the six golden rules of safety at Clean Harbors.
1. I will drive responsibly without distractions or impairments.
2. I will think before I start and know my safety plan every day.
3. I will only undertake the work in which I am trained.
4. I will take responsibility for my safety and those around me at work, home or in-transit.
5. I will intervene in any unsafe act.
6. I will report all incidents and near misses.
5 Good Reasons Why I Want to Be Safe
The five in 3-6-5 stands for personal reasons why employees want to be safe. Employees are mindful of what’s important in their lives. Whether it’s family, colleagues, friends, customers or any other significant reason, we all have motivations to remain safe.